Nga mihi nui kia koutou,
STUDY DAY – FRIDAY 6 NOVEMBER 2020 – FOR YEARS 12 AND 13 STUDENTS ONLY
Years 12 and 13 students have requested, and had approved, the opportunity to study from home next Friday 6 November 2020.
This day is a self-directed learning day and all learning for this day will be available through Google Classroom. Students will be expected to manage their own time and learning whilst preparing for the School Ball. This is the first time we have had to host the School Ball so late in the year, and on a Friday, so we hope this flexible learning day allows this student to further enjoy this social event.
Any students involved in Trades Academy courses on this day are expected to still attend those courses.
Tickets for the School Ball will be issued during Learning Block 3 on Thursday 5 November 2020. Attendance on this day is a requirement for being issued with a Ball ticket.
Students are reminded of the Ball conditions of entry are:
- Doors will be open from 7pm – 7:30pm for entry. No students will be permitted entry after 7:30pm.
- Dress standards are appropriate for a formal occasion.
- Alcoholic liquor will NOT be available for sale to any student or their escort, irrespective of their age. Students must take responsibility for explaining this ruling to their partners so that they are aware of the situation before they arrive at the function. The Management of Eden Park reserve the right to refuse admission if they choose to do so.
- Any student or partner who has obviously attended a pre-Ball function at which liquor was served, or who tries to introduce liquor during the evening, will be refused access to the function and asked to leave. Students will be sent home by taxi at their own expense.
- All guests will be searched on entry to Eden Park. Cigarettes, e-cigarettes and alcohol will be confiscated. Any person found to be in possession of an illegal substance will be refused admission and the Police will be advised.
- Staff from Kelston Boys, Kelston Girls’ and Eden Park security staff will provide supervision.
- The School accepts responsibility for student welfare during the Ball. Students and partners will not be permitted to leave the Ball before 11:45pm.
- The School does not accept responsibility for student welfare prior to their arrival at the Ball venue, or from their time of departure from the venue.
- Students are not to participate in organised after-Ball functions.
Nga mihi nui,