KGC Careers Academy: Programme
The KGC Careers Academy offers vocational pathways to careers. Next year, if there is sufficient interest, we will be offering:
- National Certificate qualifications in: Early Childhood Education, Computing [Administration and Technical Support], Retail, Tourism, Hospitality, Electronics Technology, Services, Fitness and Recreation, Performing Arts, Music, as well as a L2 NCEA programmes in Community Health and Fashion Design.
- L2 and L3 NCEA qualifications
- Core courses in English, Mathematics, Work Preparation, Health and Financial Literacy
- Short courses at tertiary institutions
- Work placements
- One day a week at a tertiary institution [where appropriate]
All qualifications gained in the Careers Academy also contribute to L2 and L3 NCEA. The credits gained towards a National Certificate also contribute towards NCEA.
Sometimes it is possible for students to continue with a subject, in which they have a particular interest, but normally students have a full course based in the Careers Academy.