KGC Careers Academy: Programme
The KGC Careers Academy offers vocational pathways to careers. Next year, if there is sufficient interest, we will be offering:
- National Certificate qualifications in: Early Childhood Education, Computing [Administration and Technical Support], Retail, Tourism, Hospitality, Electronics Technology, Services, Fitness and Recreation, Performing Arts, Music, as well as a L2 NCEA programmes in Community Health and Fashion Design.
- L2 and L3 NCEA qualifications
- Core courses in English, Mathematics, Work Preparation, Health and Financial Literacy
- Short courses at tertiary institutions
- Work placements
- One day a week at a tertiary institution [where appropriate]
All qualifications gained in the Careers Academy also contribute to L2 and L3 NCEA. The credits gained towards a National Certificate also contribute towards NCEA.
Sometimes it is possible for students to continue with a subject, in which they have a particular interest, but normally students have a full course based in the Careers Academy.
Pacific On Campus Scholarship
Beatrice Seleti was awarded a Pacific on Campus Scholarship from Otago University which paid for her to travel to Dunedin on the 5th of May and spend three days exploring the campus. Here is her account of her time there: