Kia ora koutou,
We’re looking forward to welcoming all our students and staff back to school on Monday 8 March following the return to Alert Level 2. Our health and safety plan is in place as it has been under every Alert Level, and you can be assured we will continue doing everything we can to keep our students safe. Some of the measures that we have put in place and will be communicating with our students are:
- Young people and staff should be far enough away from each other so that they are not breathing on or touching each other.
- We will continue to promote good hygiene practices and there will be regular cleaning of commonly touched surfaces.
- During lessons, the school is able to keep a record of who students are with, but during lunchtime and interval, students will need to do this. Students should keep a record of who they are in close contact with each day.
- If students arrive late to school, they must sign in at the Student Centre and then head directly to class.
- If students are unwell, please keep them at home. If they come to school unwell, teachers will send them straight home. Teachers will check that students are well each day by asking a few simple questions.
- When at school, students will need to wash or sanitise their hands (for at least 20 seconds) after coughing, sneezing or blowing their nose, when entering and leaving the school, classrooms, before and after eating, if their hands are visibly dirty, and after going to the toilet. There are soap and paper towels in all bathrooms and hand sanitiser in all classrooms.
- Masks and gloves are not required in school as we have physical distancing rules and good hygiene practices. However, if students choose to wear them at school, they must ensure they are worn correctly and gloves are sanitised regularly.
- In line with our school uniform policy, bandanas can not be worn.
- If a student travels to and from school by public transport they will need to wear a mask.
- We will be carefully managing visitors to our school site. If you enter the school site, you must scan the COVID-19 QR code and sign in at reception. To help us manage visitors onsite, please ensure any items a student needs for the school day come with them in the morning.
At home, please continue with good hand hygiene, cough and sneeze etiquette, appropriate physical distancing when out and about and keeping your child home if they are sick.
If you haven’t already downloaded the NZ COVID Tracer app the Ministry of Health’s website has information to help you do that. We’ll also keep a visitor register for anyone who doesn’t have the app, and also for anyone who comes onsite for a period of time. This will help us with contact tracing in the event it is needed.
For more information about public health measures at Alert Level 2 you can visit the COVID-19 website, and if you have any questions about next week please get in touch.
See you on Monday!
Ngā mihi nui,